Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Want Art!

What makes my prose different from that of any other writer is that I'm attempting to create word paintings. In truth, I think and see differently from other writers-- especially from those in the literary establishment. I stress the visual, while making economic use of my brushstrokes. I want the painted images to explode off the page. Albeit I do this in uneven ways.

Among my more visual, cartoony stories are "The Strange Case of Mr. Box" in Ten Pop Stories, and "Kevin and Koreena" in Mood Detroit. It's not that they're not realistic. Like impressionism, they're a different take on reality.

My most Lit-as-Art e-book to date will be my next. Officially released any day. A colorful painting come to life. Watch for it!

Pop fiction is new art.

No comments:

Post a Comment